Blogging in a field of dreams has unexpected rewards. Thanks to two lovely fellow bloggers who thought enough to nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award and one included me in more than a few awards.
First up is Mariann whose blog is at 4writermom and is A Writer Mom. Mariann blogs about her life, raising her children as a single mom and home schooling and more. She is a very good writer and handles juggling her hectic life well. She is very gracious and committed to whatever she does.
Next is Angela of Journey of Life who I also consider to be a writer. She has amazing travel photos from around the world (Egypt) and has great insider information about places we can’t travel to. And, she also blogs about her work life, parenting, her family, and has quite a voice about subjects that concern her and/or enlighten the reader, and has been featured on BlogHer in the past.
I want to thank them both for thinking of me and my blog here in the Blogging Field of Dreams where we all believe if we blog, people will come.
Mariann and Angela have made that dream come true for me along with other special bloggers who I will return this blog award to here.
If you get the award, here are the rules:
- Thank the person that gave you the award in a blog post & link back to their blog
- Pass the award on to 15 bloggers you follow
- Include 7 random things about yourself in your post
- Include the rules in your post
- Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog
Passing the award on to 15 bloggers might be difficult for me to do. I will try, but it might be 14 or 12 or 9. My heart is in the right place, but I don’t always follow rules and I am not sure I know enough about 15 bloggers. Let’s see how it goes.
See the bottom of this post for 7 random things about me.
Here are some of the bloggers I admire and who deserve this award and more.
1. Sharon Greenthal of Empty House, Full Mind – Sharon blogs about life after the kids have flown the coop and has a beautiful, enjoyable, loving voice about many things from big to small. She is a Huffington Post contributing author, is syndicated on BlogHer, and someone you should know. I am completely addicted to her personal writing style on her blog. She did a post called 12 Most Enjoyable Blogs and included Housekaboodle in the list, and for this I can never forget her or thank her enough. ✓
2. Vanita Cyril of After Bedtime Blog - Vanita’s blog is about her design services, her SEO expertise, blogger to wordpress transfer, blogging and traffic tips, her family life, and other personal interests. I took her SEO class and learned more than I knew to ask about. She is very supportive. Vanita dedicates her talents to mom bloggers specifically as she wants to help us become mompreneurs. ✓
3. Susie Homemaker’s blog is Earning My Cape - Susie blogs about food, homeschooling, Yarning, and has a lot of link parties including a o-so-different Pinterest linky party. Susie means a lot to me because she started the “Bloggy Girls Club” on Facebook where all members help each other with problems we have blogging from technical to writing. If you have a questions, someone in the club is bound to know the answer. This is a blog lifeline in the blogging field of dreams. Thank you Susie. ✓
4. Sarah Felix Burns – Sarah’s blog is called HouseCrazy – Sarah like me blogs about houses of all kinds and especially historic houses. She is a bit of a historic expert and gets a lot of email asking her questions. I consider Sarah my house blog buddy. She is like me in so many ways, only different. We are two peas in a pod stalking houses in our spare time. ✓
5. Sherry of TheRedHeadRiter – Sherry blogs about her life and the ups and downs she is going through and lays her heart out for all to see with grace and a lot of humor. She also is a bit of a geek and gives great technical advice, blog tips, and writes about her family, marriage, and her PTSD. You will not be bored with reading this blog. Sherry’s blog is one of the first I became attached to and still am. ✓
6. Jenny Lynn of Jenny Lynn Designz - Jenny is a dear heart of a person. She blogs about her work, family, recipes, crafts, and her passion is interior design. Her true heart shines through in her writing. ✓
7. Kerry Rossow of HouseTalkN- Kerry has a house blog that I love too. She is a bit of a comedian and will keep you entertained. I admire Kerry for her hilarity, bright ideas, and guts, and you can tell she is as great a mom as she is a friend. ✓
8. Vidya of What’s Your Home Story - Vidya’s blog is her family story told through her home and is a new blogger I am following. She is a DIY blogger that has me hooked. I am currently following her Chair Story. ✓
9. Debra of DOLL in the Looking Glass - Debra had me at first glance. She has a custom doll boutique and I have a special place in my heart for dolls. She can make a keepsake look alike doll from a photo of your cherished toddler and also has clothes to buy. Or, special baby dolls that look real. Then to top it off she has a blog that is significantly different. This week she showed us her collection of antique Halloween post cards. She is an award-free blog, but I am including her here anyway. ✓
10. Ginger Kay of A Faded Ginger - Ginger will get you thinking about things you already know but had no idea how to put into words, or even that it needed words, or needed thinking about in the first place. Young or old will enjoy her snappy, truthful, thought-provoking writing style.
I made it to 10, so this is the Top Ten Versatile Bloggers Award I guess.
Seven random things about me you were afraid to ask and probably don’t want to know:
1. I like diet pop like Fresca and Diet-Rite.
2. I am a redhead.
3. I cannot sleep without the bedroom closet doors shut.
4. I like to help and/or be supportive to people.
5. I have 7 siblings and 20 nieces and nephews.
6. Math was my worst subject in school.
7. I make a banana cake from scratch every year for my husband’s birthday from a recipe dated 1945 that says things like “a hunk of this and a dash of that.”
I have really enjoyed doing this list if only to be able to give a shout out to those I believe deserve it.
In a Field of Blogs, I am glad I found you my fellow bloggers. (ˆ◡ˆ)