Houseboats; Whatever floats your boat and Sleepless In Seattle. These come to my mind when I think of Houseboats. I am featuring two houseboats in Seattle. First up though is the famous Sleepless In Seattle houseboat; we all are familiar with this one. It was for sale back in 2008 for 2.5 million dollars and is located on Lake Union in Seattle of course.
Most of the inside shots from the movie Sleepless In Seattle were on a sound stage, but reports do say that some were indeed shot inside.
Some lucky new owners live here now. It is one of the largest houseboats in the area at 2,720 square feet. It seems a peaceful way of life to be living. A famous quote from the movie Sleepless In Seattle is “It rains nine months a year in Seattle.” Some top ten reasons to live on a houseboat are:
- You wake up, and you don’t have far to walk to go Fishing!
- The sound of the rain on the roof, you’ll Sleep like a Baby!
- You get “home”, and feel like your already on Holidays!
- There’s nothing like working from your House Boat office!
- The suppertime BBQ’s on the front deck taste so Good!
- Watching the sunrise, and morning coffee are Incredible!
- No more grass cutting and driveway shoveling, Ever Again!
- The marina atmosphere and neighbors are simply the Best!
- Where else can you change the waterfront view anytime! Per http://www.all-about-houseboats.com/houseboat-living.html
A charming, happy houseboat listed in Seattle, Washington for $595,00 with one bedroom and one bath and is pending.
Listing says do not disturb the hummingbird nest.
Kitchen has granite counters and new stainless steel appliances.
If you want to get happy this deck will do the job. While exploring houseboats, a lot of the listings mention the 4th of July views from houseboat living are perfect.
This houseboat for sale is also in Seattle, specifically in Portage Bay which is an arm of Seattle, Washington’s Union Lake. The listing says it is “truly the best in houseboat living on the waters of Portage Bay.”
It’s listed for $2, 150,000 with 2 bedrooms and 1.75 bathrooms. Nice deck walkway to this houseboat is one of only two houses on this dock.
An unexpected outside hottub for your houseboat pleasure and the deck is large for entertaining outside.
Stunning window views to wake up to.
Window seat retreat.
Preparing meals, pouring coffee, even cleaning takes on a new meaning.
Nothing like waking up in the morning and working all day in your houseboat office.
Let’s go upstairs.
Master bedroom with walk-in closet.
Luxurious master bath.
Rare private two car garage with additional guest parking.
For more information on these two listings see * Seattle houseboats for sale.
UPDATE 2013: The houseboats seen here are likely not for sale any longer, but see more delightful houseboats in Seattle at the * link above.
More houseboats on HK:
Latest posts by Sue Pekarek (see all)
- Come See the Legendary Bob Hope Modern Home - December 19, 2014
- Love Actually Movie with Hugh Grant - December 18, 2014
- Rollercoaster ride home tour, that’s right, ROLLERCOASTER! - December 12, 2014